Banner Guide content is being re-authored for Banner 9 on the Business Affairs site, ba.uoregon.edu
under Accounts Payable, Payroll, Finance and Accounting, and Training.
On July 31st 2019 the Banner Guide site will sunset and redirect users to Business Affairs.
FIS Financial Information System
Welcome to the University's Financial Information System (FIS).
FIS is used for entering, adjusting, and retrieving financial data and consists of five modules:
- Accounting: Includes the chart of accounts, system table maintenance and update, accounting transaction forms, on-line summaries and queries. and grant accounting. You can record financial transactions and see recorded data incorporated in various on-line and printed accounting and budget summaries. Financial data for these summaries may originate from any of the FIS modules, and adheres to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Accounts Payable: Includes vendor invoice payments, advances, student reimbursements, vendor history, invoice and check queries and check and direct deposit processing.
- Fixed Assets: Includes tracking and depreciation of fixed assets.
- Grants: Includes project accounting using restricted funds and grant periods rather than fiscal period.
- Purchasing: Includes purchase orders requisitions and the Pcard module. Information flows automatically from purchase orders to invoice payments.
- Frequently Asked Questions