FIS Financial Information System
Welcome to the University's Financial Information System (FIS).
FIS is used for entering, adjusting, and retrieving financial data and consists of five modules:
- Accounting: Includes the chart of accounts, system table maintenance and update, accounting transaction forms, on-line summaries and queries. and grant accounting. You can record financial transactions and see recorded data incorporated in various on-line and printed accounting and budget summaries. Financial data for these summaries may originate from any of the FIS modules, and adheres to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Accounts Payable: Includes vendor invoice payments, advances, student reimbursements, vendor history, invoice and check queries and check and direct deposit processing.
- Fixed Assets: Includes tracking and depreciation of fixed assets.
- Grants: Includes project accounting using restricted funds and grant periods rather than fiscal period.
- Purchasing: Includes purchase orders requisitions and the Pcard module. Information flows automatically from purchase orders to invoice payments.
- Frequently Asked Questions